Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday

Well, the weekend was nothing if not entertaining.

The Bear made it through surgery fine and was the picture of an excellent patient. I am most grateful for this, knowing that I myself, am a terrible patient in so many ways. I survived the weekend with his parental units, a little worse for wear, but all in all, a pleasurable time.  His mother made me happy telling me how much it shows that we love each other and with "oooohhss!" & "ahhhhs!" over the house plans. 


My darling husband was nice enough to send me on my way even though we had a munchkin with chicken pox, and him never having had them. At one point I called and he had 5 children in the house..Masochist or Insanity? You decide. 

Random other things:

  • This (From Random Pictures) made me laugh this morning. 
  • We now have a full count of relatives over 70 who have or want to read the 50 shades of Gray series. *shudders*
  • I laughed at the bears parents serious mistrust of any vegetable that does not primarily consist of starch this weekend. The conversation went much like this:
    • Me: I'll get the Broccoli
    • Mom: B said she wanted Broccoli with the pork roast..I cant find a good roast so I'm going to make spaghetti and meatballs. 
    • Me: Ok, what do you normally make with spaghetti.
    • Mom: Pasta. 
    • Me: ---------------
  • The eldest munchkin is finishing up summer school today and tomorrow. I pray she passes. 
  • We watched "Mirror Mirror" (cute movie, glad I waited for home rental though) and "Hugo" (Very strange..there was little to no follow through with any of the plot lines) this weekend. 
  • To Do list:
    • Find location and time of fireworks this year
    • Upload all of the kids school calender info
    • Check on house paperwork progress
    • Make copies and mail legal  paperwork
    • Find coupon notebook and reorganize (I've slacked here to a horrible degree)
    • RE-pack SELF things in van for returning to their yearly home. I have to get them out of my shed.
    • Try to go to bed at a decent hour so that you can actually follow through with waking up and exercising. I am fail at this lately. 
  • Finish Mennonite in a little black dress so that I can give it to the Bears mom next weekend when I'm there. 
Meanwhile..work time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment